Monday 8 April 2013

Book Spotlight: Nude by Stéphanie Desnoyer

Nude
by Stéphanie Desnoyer
Fiction with explicit scenes

Blurb:

"This could have been a standard love story, with a fair amount of spice, I'll admit! How I wish... But life had other ideas."


After quitting her pole dancing job, Tee is lucky to find employment the next day for a wealthy gay couple as a house cleaner.

Despite her so-called brother taking the Mickey during their nights of drug induced games, she's determined to make things work. Who cares if she is falling for her employer; he is gay after all... or is he?

Excerpt: Tee narrating

Simon was also favourable to my new calling; I guess my recurrent tales of drunken wooing at the club had become a little monotonous and he’d welcomed the change. He was quite curious about my relation with my employer: Brett was gay – not to mention so far in a relationship that I would not have considered him as a potential conquest even if he’d been straight – but the way I spoke of him implied I liked the guy somewhat, even if it was just as a friend. Si and his satyromaniac mentality couldn’t fathom how any guy in their right mind, who had ever been into girls – albeit before coming out – could spend five days a week alone in a flat with a gorgeous babe, and not try it on.

“Not everyone is as shallow as you, Simon.”

“It will come. Give it time,” he’d replied.

“And anyway, I don’t want to spoil this, it’s a cushy job.”

I’d immediately realised the possible implications of what I’d said and so had he – I could tell by his smirk – but he hadn’t rubbed it in and I’d felt more threatened by that than by his usual banter. If I wasn’t careful, Simon would be right and if he wasn’t, he would do what he could to make it so – the guy liked a challenge.

Simon was cupid reincarnate: only more of a Hanna-Barbera version gone wild with its bow and arrows than the real thing. I’d seen the most unlikely people end up together by the end of a single night. It didn’t always end badly, though; his spells were rather evanescent, just like in the cartoons, and most of the time it didn’t go past tears. But still, I didn’t want to be on the wrong end of his valentine wand, which would not happen as long as they didn’t meet. The question was: How long could I keep this up?

The book is available at amazon and amazon uk



No comments:

Post a Comment