Wednesday 9 August 2017

Book Spotlight: Playing Heart to Get by Kara Liane




Playing Heart to Get
by Kara Liane
Erotic Romance
Out Now
Blurb:


The doctor will see you now…

Playing Heart to Get is a scorching contemporary erotic romance novel that will take your heart away, as first-time novelist Kara Liane ventures from the bedroom to the O.R. (and back again) with enigmatic cardiologist, Dr. Alexi Graham, an uncommitted bachelor in search of “the elusive one”.

However, a chance meeting at the hospital with the young college-student senior, Caylan Peters, soon changes his perspective.

From the start, Alexi is enamored with her beauty, soul and innocence. What he doesn’t quite realize is that Caylan’s past won’t be laid to rest until she is able to overcome her inner demons; though equally taken with the charismatic doctor, it is not easy for her to navigate the path between a good man and an evil one.

Still, there is strength in numbers and, together, they desperately try to hang on to what matters most – each other. The passionate encounters beg for more details into their checkered lives, as hearts will skip beats with each steamy page.

Will love be enough to rescue Caylan from the depths of her fears and apprehensions? Alexi will provide the wings, but it is she who must learn to soar.

Can he be the savior of her dreams, and she the angel of his?

Excerpt:


“From the moment I saw you, I thought you were an angel. I am drawn to you. I can’t make it any clearer. Your innocence, beauty, and charm have sucked me right in. I didn’t stand a chance, did I?”
           
I think he asked that last part rhetorically. I didn’t know how to respond. My mind was all of the sudden a jumbled mess. He did this to me. One minute I was fine, and the next minute I wasn’t. I was constantly off-balance. We were too far apart on the couch. He moved in closer to me closing the distance, and practically sitting on top of me. I moved my legs out from under me. Gee golly whiz, I was breathing heavy and probably embarrassing myself. We were staring into each other’s eyes. We both knew in that moment this would be the first time our lips would touch. I knew once I finally had a taste of him, I would never be able to let him go. Once I was surrounded by this heat again, I would be homesick when we would have to part.
           
I could hear his breathing change too. We did affect each other so completely. It was the final confirmation I needed for my body to green-light this whole thing. He moved his one hand to my cheek, and rubbed his thumb over my lips. I gasped at the shock of his fingers on me. I closed my eyes. I couldn’t watch him move any further into me; it was just too intense, and too intimate. It was too much! I was trembling with need and want. Everything led to this moment. Until finally his lips met mine in a crash.
           
Oh my God! My eyes flew open and I threw my arms around his neck. What started out gentle and sweet, quickly turned to hot and erotic. It seemed I came more alive now than ever, and my body parts took over. Both his hands framed my face and he held me there devouring my mouth. We sucked on each other’s lips and tongues, and our teeth even made contact at some points. Our moans and groans and heavy breathing filled the air. It was a mixture of the most intoxicating scents and sounds swirling around us and between us. His taste was the ultimate. How he managed to taste like wine and mint I didn’t know, but I was getting drunk off his lips. I wanted to permanently move into his mouth and put a “no vacancy” sign.

 My hips of their own volition began to roll, and I was more than soaked between my legs. I knew I needed some friction in that area. I quickly climbed on top of him and straddled his lap. My skirt hitched up and bunched around my hips automatically. My white bikini panties were on full display, but I didn’t care. He hadn’t even broken contact with my mouth yet. I gripped his hair and started grinding on his ungodly huge erection. It was a glorious feeling. I think I may have even tugged at his hair a little.
           
He ripped his lips away from me a second later and was grunting. It was like a beast in a cage with a T-bone steak being waved in his face. I could see his eyes become stormy. He looked down at my lady bits still covered by my panties, and made a painful groan. I felt his penis twitch. Okay, we interrupt this program for a special bulletin. I know it’s strange that I can’t call his hard rod something else, or something more explicit, but yet I could in my dreams. Well in my dreams my mind is a dirty girl. But otherwise, I guess I am truly innocent in every other sense. Okay, and we’re back to our regularly scheduled program.
           
He seemed to get himself under control a little bit better after shutting his eyes for a few moments, and breathing deeply. When he opened those beauties again, the storm subsided to a calm ocean escape. He looked in my eyes as if silently asking if he could keep going. I nodded as if we were in perfect synch with each other, and speaking the same silent language. He moved in to kiss my neck, and I savored each and every touch. Our hearts were beating wildly, and I could feel their rhythm match when we made contact.
           
He kissed across my collar bone, and I was lost to this man. I moved my head to the side so he could further suck on my neck. He moved my hair to one shoulder so he had better access. I could feel his hands move to the hem of my sweater and with the lightest touch and pressure, he started inching the sweater up my body. I moaned. I didn’t care anymore what it sounded like, and he moaned right back. Clearly I was doing something right. He peeled the sweater off of me ever so slowly the rest of the way.

***

Amazon purchase U.S.: http://amzn.to/2ra5VZW
Author web site: http://www.karaliane.com
Author Facebook: http://bit.ly/2sExJSn
Author Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2r3hPkb
Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/authorkaraliane
Free Novella on Instafreebie (Every Heart Inch): http://bit.ly/2sli0sF



No comments:

Post a Comment