Prince of Fools
House of Terriot
Genre: Paranormal (shapeshifter)
Date of Publication: 10/23/17
Number of pages: 296
Word Count: 96,000
Cover Artist: Patricia Lazarus
Tagline: He’s afraid to take the leap . . . She’s afraid of the fall
A dark prince to her Cinderella barmaid . . .
Rico . . . Prince in the shapeshifter House of Terriot
Reckless, hotheaded Rico Terriot seeks purpose and a sense of pride training the resentful guardians of New Orleans to defend a city besieged by a deadly outside force. Torn between his desire for his brother’s mate and the woman tied to the child of another, protecting their future happiness means denying his own on a dangerous path to redemption.
One night of stolen pleasure he didn’t remember and she couldn’t forget…
Amber . . . a single mother hiding a terrible past
Rico Terriot was the stuff of dreams . . . lately all of hers. But there’s no happily-ever-after for someone living in the shadows, protecting dangerous secrets that threaten her and her daughter. Dare she believe in a fairytale prince when he comes to her rescue, not knowing the price he’ll pay for making her troubles his own? From world’s so far apart, is love strong enough to hold them together . . . and keep them alive?
Book Trailer: https://youtu.be/g9qdy5RmkJg
Halloween Playlist https://goo.gl/Y8nyZB
Nancy Gideon's Favorite Creatures and Things that go Bump in the Night (and where to find them!)
On Halloween, thoughts turn to the unnatural and macabre. Here's my Go-To list of movies, television and books:
1. Ghosts: Poltergeist, American Horror Story: Murder House and Hotel (TV), Peter Straub’s Ghost Story, The Others, Ghostbusters, Woman in Black, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Henry James’s Turn of the Screw
2. Witches/Magic: Hexed, Practical Magic, Hansel and Gretel, Magic, The Witches of Eastwick, Peter Staub’s Shadowland, American Horror Story: Coven (TV), Charmed (TV)
3. Gremlins, Ghoolies and Goblins: Gremlins, Critters, Sleepy Hollow (movie and TV), Labyrinth, Ernest Scared Stupid
4. Creepy Creatures: The Thing, Cabin in the Woods, American Horror Story: Asylum (TV), The Strain (TV), Evil Dead (TV), Army of Darkness
5. Fantasy Happily-Ever-Afters: Once Upon a Time (TV), The Tenth Kingdom, Highlander (TV), Beauty and the Beast (in any format!)
6. Things Future Past and Out of this World: Alien series (Aliens being the all-time BEST!), V (TV), League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The X-Files (TV), Cassandra Clare’s Immortal Instruments series, Arrival, Dark Tower, Anything Marvel and some DC
7. Preternatural Beasties with a Bite: Supernatural (TV), Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Wolf, An American Werewolf in London, The Kindred (TV), Penny Dreadful (TV), True Blood (TV)
8. A Killer Walks Among Us: Scream, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Silence of the Lamb’s, Hannibal (TV)
9. The Devil Made Them Do It: 666 Park Avenue (TV), Constantine (movies and TV), Ira Levine’s Rosemary’s Baby, Stephen King’s The Stand
10. Dead but Not Forgotten: Walking Dead (TV), Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, Gena Showalter’s Alice in Zombieland, 28 Weeks Later, Zombieland, World War Z
11. It’s a Holiday! Halloween, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (TV), Halloweentown, Nightmare Before Christmas, Tom Tryon’s Harvest Home
12. Anything Dean Koontz!
About the Author:
Nancy Gideon is the award-winning bestseller of over 60 romances ranging from historical, regency and series contemporary suspense to dark paranormal, with a couple of horror screenplays tossed into the mix, and is currently testing the “Hybrid author” waters.
Under her own name, she’s a top 100 Amazon bestseller with her “By Moonlight” dark shape-shifter series and is also listed on the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) for collaborating on Indie horror films In the Woods and Savage with screenwriting and ADR script credits, and a small role as “bar extra” she likes to boast about. Writing as Dana Ransom, she’s a “Career Achievement for Historical Adventure” award winner with books published in Romanian, Italian, Russian, Danish, Dutch, Portuguese, French, German, Icelandic and Chinese. Writing historicals as Rosalyn West, she’s a HOLT Medallion winner and she’s also penned regencies as Lauren Giddings. Many of her older titles (from the ‘80s and ‘90s) have been or are soon being reissued.
A prolific writer, Nancy attributes her creative output, which once peaked at seven novels in one year, to her love of history and a gift for storytelling, also crediting a background in journalism and OCD. She’s up every weekday at 4:30 a.m. to get in computer time before heading to her full-time job as a legal assistant in Central Michigan, and feeds a Netflix addiction along with all things fur, fin and fowl.
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/NancyGideonAuthor/
Amazon Author Central: