Thursday 22 November 2012

Book Spotlight: In a Small Town by Marc A. DiGiacomo

In a Small Town
by Marc A. DiGiacomo
Crime

The author is a retired police detective and uses his many years of experience in his novel.

Blurb:

The shotgun blast catches Detective Matthew Longo by surprise. His world unravels into a nightmare that seemingly won't end. Murder, rapes, pedophiles, the small town of Hutchville, N.Y. is changing. It is up to him to make a difference. While partner Donny Mello is in Italy attending a funeral for a family member who is connected, to say the least, a beautiful F.B.I. agent waits to question him about his family business. Can Matt keep from answering the Agents questions? More importantly, can he hide a potentially career-ending secret from his community, his brother, and most especially Agent Cynthia Shyler?

A short extract from the book:

I can't get it out of my mind. The lightning that exploded from the end of the barrel. The ripping orange flash off the black steel. The smell of gunpowder. The sound, like an M-80. And the pain - the fucking searing pain. It is permanently scorched into my memory. Everything had his face. The face I didn't see haunts me every second. All I remember are those ultra-white Reebok sneakers as he ran away. The fucking coward would have shot me in the back but I turned around and caught the blast in the chest. I didn't have time to pull my Glock.

The shot knocked me to the ground. I thought I was having a heart attack - I couldn't catch my breath. Then I understood what happened, and reality hit: I was going to die.

It seemed to take minutes rather than seconds, but I managed to radio into headquarters. The response from the good guys was impressive, to say the least. They saved my life. Cops from my own town and others surrounded the scene. I knew they would come.


Like to read more?
The book is available from amazon and the author's website: http://www.inasmalltownbook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment