Tuesday, 23 September 2014
Guest Post & Giveaway: Fading Light by Angela Dennis
I’m so excited to have the opportunity to do a guest post on Books and Tales. I love BuzzFeed top ten lists, so I thought it would be fun to put together a list for Fading Light. Enjoy!
TEN THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FADING LIGHT
1. It is the second book in the Shadow Born series, but you don’t need to read Shadows of Fate (though you totally should) to enjoy it. It stands on its own.
2. The cast of characters gets some new blood. Be ready to welcome Keegan, a sexy as sin, sarcastic, irreverent dragon who loves ice-cream.
3. After her near brush with death, Lucy (the resident gargoyle) convinced the rest of the team to let her decorate Headquarters. The results were…interesting.
4. Disaster strikes, and Brenna and Gray are forced to finally come to terms with their feelings for one another.
5. Lucy is about to run out of moon pies. The supply from back East is disappearing, and she’s getting desperate. And a mad gargoyle means duck and cover.
6. Keegan is obsessed with ice cream made out of rice milk. His supply comes from back East, and he pays top dollar for it.
7. Lucy may have a little crush on the Keegan.
8. Brenna will be forced to make an alliance with a demon, or let the humans die.
9. Someone will have to sacrifice themselves to save the humans, but who will it be?
10. There’s a pretty good chance the human race in Denver will be wiped out by the end of the book, or, at least, be irrevocably changed.
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Date of Publication: September 23, 2014
Number of pages: 279
Word Count: 76,000
Cover Artist: Kanaxa
Tagline: Everyone has a breaking point.
Her hundred-year penance lifted, Shadow Bearer Brenna Baudouin returns to the Earthly plane with her partner, Gray Warlow, to keep the peace between humans and supernatural creatures—and to prevent another apocalyptic war from happening.
he attraction between them is nearing a critical point, but their checkered history has left Brenna unable to trust either her heart or her instincts.
It’s chaotic business as usual until humans begin turning to statues of dust. There is no explanation, no sign of magical foul play or a biological toxin. The humans are convinced it’s the work of a deviant supernatural faction, twisting the knife in the already tense relationship between their species. Brenna and Gray agree—the deaths have a former comrade-turned-rogue stamped all over them.
In a race against time, they enlist the help of both friend and foe to save the human race and stop the impending civil war. Along the way, they are forced to come to terms with their past and decide, once and for all, whether they will come together or fall apart.
Warning: Contains a heroine who knows her weapons but not her own heart, an outbreak of supernatural proportions, copious bloodletting, and a race to save an endangered species—humans. All tied up in a tight bow of sexual tension.
Available at Amazon | BN | Kobo | iTunes | Google Play
Angela Dennis lives outside Cincinnati, Ohio with her husband, son and a sheltie with a hero complex. When she is not at her computer crafting stories, she can be found feeding her coffee addiction, playing peek-a-boo, or teaching her son about the great adventures found only in books.
You can visit Angela at her blog www.angeladennisauthor.blogspot.com or at her website www.angeladennisauthor.com
She loves to hear from her readers, so find her on Twitter for a chat @angeladennis
1 ebook copy of Fading Light and a $10.00 Amazon gift card
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Books and Tales will be closing in January 2018.
About the Author: A very good friend of Viola Ryan in high school said, “You don’t think outside the box. You blow the thing up.” ...
About the Author: Larry Hochwald was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. Besides writing fiction, he is a health care advocate; spea...